Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It makes a fella proud to be a scientist

Pharyngula linked to this amazing video that "compares creationism and science". Really, it's no comparison. [3:54]



You could watch it without the music -- none of the strictly visual beauty would be lost -- but instead, I highly recommend turning your speakers up to eleven, putting the video on fullscreen, and inviting all your officemates to come watch. Better yet, invade a conference room or a lecture hall for five minutes. It'll be worth it.

I found it incredibly affecting. Some parts had me cheering and yelling "SCIENCE: IT WORKS, BITCHES!". And some had me tearing up. I felt like a little kid again, all "when I grow up I wanna be a scientist!" I'm damn proud to be a part of it (or at least to be on track to become part of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment