Monday, October 18, 2010

Chasing down particles

I'm up late writing MATLAB code to analyze a whole load of particle tracking data. It's not exactly a fun process, but I can feel myself getting better at MATLAB. It's like the coding equivalent of eating all my asparagus. There are some great tricks you can do to slice and dice arrays with fancy indexing. But, ugh, the syntax for optional arguments makes me wince (and avoid using optional arguments, unfortunately).

But I'm still not in the habit of putting semicolons after everything. Despite studying Java and Scheme in high school, I never got very good with them or did anything practical. Right now, I'd say my native tongue is Python. Maybe if I get into automation, one of these days I'll clamber up on the big-programmer potty learn C/C++.

No comments:

Post a Comment